Varioman f:line - Manroland Goss
Offset makes the difference.
What customer benefits does the new technology bring?
Manroland Goss web systems has based the VARIOMAN f:line, which was developed specially for packaging printing, on its decades of experience in offset printing and has connected this with the most modern automation.
We have created a technology, which specifically avoids the weak points inherent in other processes:
The offset-based variable-format printing units combine low printing plate costs and high print quality, and in conjunction with the unique PECOM-X automation system, they also achieve particularly short makeready and changeover times, as well as low waste.
The optional combination with printing technologies such as gravure and flexo results in additional overall advantages of a hybrid system. With additional gravure units, the print product can be supplemented with opaque white or gold and silver decorations at low cost and with high quality.
The changing print motives are quickly and cost-effectively exchanged in the offset section, while the usually much more static parts such as opaque white are printed in gravure with the advantages of high opacity and low ink costs. Supplementing the offset-based system with flexographic printing units can be useful, for example, for applying varnish.
The VARIOMAN was therefore developed from the very beginning as a platform concept that can always be optimally configured to meet customer requirements.
Features & Advantages:
• Web width: 425-850 mm, 560-1120 mm, 650-1300 mm (17-33 inch, 22-44 inch, 25-49 inch) (*)
• Speed up to 400 m/min. depending on substrate and equipment
• Cylinder circumference variable due to sleeves: from 18“ up to 36“ (457-914 mm)
• Substrates: Films and paper from 10 to 300 μm
• Lower production costs due to offset technology
• Format variable printing unit thanks to the sleeve technology
• Different films can be printed in high quality and variability
• The equipment of the VARIOMAN fits the particular packaging design
• Competitive advantage due to the networked system
(* Preferred dimensions, other sizes on demand)